Betty's Midwest Kitchen

This restaurant is actually quite popular but... I have no knowledge about this. Hahaha!! Maybe because I rarely go to Petaling Jaya. Came to know about it when he took me there. Apparently his sister and cousin have already tried this place and they recommended it. image


Halloween decoration can be seen all over the place. Since it's October after all. 

Pretending to look away when I want to take a photo. image

House Salad, RM8
Combination of fresh leafy vegetables, tomatoes and apples drizzled with Betty's own refreshing citrus dressing. 
The first thing I noticed about this is how sweet the apple was, in a good way! Surprisingly crunchy too and refreshing. Love this a lot even though it seems like a simple salad. image 


Soup of the week, RM8
I'm not sure what soup it was for the week, but I sure do see a lot of ham, sausages, and carrots. (erhem, obviously you can see that too) Garnish with a generous amount of ingredients and of course the soup was a flavorful delight. 

Pork Chops and Country Gravy, RM23
The chops was very juicy and tender. Oh,and the gravy...imageimageimageimage. The mash potatoes completely won me over, it had a little cheesy taste (and I think that's how a great mash potatoes should be). I wish they were more on my plate! 


Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream, RM8
I think the apple was too gooey and the cinnamon was too strong for me. Too much syrup and it made the dessert too sweet because the other ingredients are already sweet, but the syrup just made it unbearable. Though I have no problem with the little crumbles as they were munchy on it's own. 
Personally, I think I would like this very much if only they didn't use the cinnamon syrup to coat the apple. 

Overall, the dinner that they serve here are very pleasing and I like it very much. It's pretty rare to find a western restaurant that serves food this good. Plus, I think the price is very reasonable since the quality of food was superb! 

Overall rating | 5/5
image image image image image
Recommended gao gaoooo!!!

Betty's Midwest Kitchen
*they have a super good-looking and  informative website!*
A-G-40, Jalan PJU 1/43, 
Aman Suria Damansara, 
47410 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Contact number | 03-78800196
Opening hours | Mon CLOSED 
Tue - Sun Lunch : 11:30 am - 3:00 pm | Last Order : 2.15pm
Dinner : 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm | Last Order : 9.20pm

*on-nom-nom-nom-nom-slurpppp*
I wish I was living near to this place so I can come here often and try all the food! 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment