DV Ristorante Pizzeria with StarHero

Now, another wonderful time for food review with StarHero! 
This time we were invited to DV Ristorante Pizzeria. The restaurant serves Italian food as the name suggest it. It was actually featured in TimeOut KL so I was pretty excited for it. And truly, they never disappoint. 




It was very quiet that night and I mean around the area. I like the change of pace because normally it would take me awhile to find a parking but not that day. Perfect if you plan to have a quiet dinner with family and close friends. It actually feels very homely too with all the Christmas decoration.

Campari Spritz (Campari, Prosecco, Soda)
Fizzy refreshments before we start. I like berry flavoured drink. image

Focaccia and Grissini Bread
Pre-starters breads for every table. Focaccia is the flat-oven baked Italian bread which is so soft and fluffy and were so delicious while they are warm. Grissini on the other hand is the stick-like crunchy dry bread which I adore too. 

Tartufata*
Pizza served with mushrooms and potato! No, they are not pineapples. 

Prosciutto e Funghi, RM24
Tomato sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms and ham

Caprese, RM22
Buffalo mozzarella served with tomatoes and basil

Quattro Formaggi, RM 28
Mozzarella, gorgonzola, parmiggiano reggiano and assiago

image Recommended image
and I mean all of the pizzas
The pizza are all thin crusted and not like our normal Malaysian Pizza Hut styled. Honestly I love the Italian pizza to death, the dough is just nice and the side was very crunchy too. I couldn't pick which one was the best because all of them taste so so so so so good! The pizzas are definitely to die for!

Beef Tartare Bruschetta, RM6/pc
My first time eating raw beef. Although the idea doesn't seem appealing, I tried it and can't say I hate it. It doesn't have the bloody taste that I was anticipating. It was actually pretty good.

Mushroom Bruschetta, RM4/pc
Mushrooms are a favourite of mine. 

 Tomato Bruschetta, RM4/pc
Didn't like this out of the three bruschettas because it tasted very plain. That's just me though because I don't really like raw tomato.

Lamb Meatballs in Sugo al Pomodoro*
image Recommended image
The meatballs are so juicy and succulent! One bite and it was all just soft meat going into my mouth. Definitely the best meatball I've ever tried!


Eggplant Parmigiana, RM14
Layered slices of fried eggplant, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese
If you love aubergine, this is the right food for you. 

Fettuccine Aglio Olio e Peperoncino*
My favorite pasta among the three. The pasta are all very well cooked so that it wasn't too hard or too soft. 

Spaghetti allo Scoglio, RM28
Mussels, prawns and squid tossed in tomato sauce
This tasted a little fishy for me but didn't seem to bothered anyone except me. The were very generous with the seafood though.

Linguine al Pesto, RM18
Homemade pesto sauce with parmesan, pine nuts and potatoes
Yums! The white chunks are potatoes by the way. 

Braised Beef Cheek, RM52
image Recommended image
Slow cooked beef cheek with baby potatoes
The beef cheek is actually braised for four hours before it is turned to a delicious main dish. The meat is so soft, it will literally melt-in-your-mouth. The superstar of the night! Praises were sung around the table for this.

Peppercorn crusted Fillet of Tuna*
I don't like fishy taste but this is an exception. It tasted more like black and white pepper and the tuna is very juicy too.

Chicken Scloppine with Wild Mushrooms, RM28
image Recommended image
Organic chicken scaloppini, served with porcini mushroom parsley sauce
Ridiculously tender chicken meat was used and the mushroom sauce was just lovely. 

Tiramisu
Traditional home made tiramisu

Affogato*
Vanilla ice cream drowned in espresso 
I wish there were more! Totally love the finishing dessert. But the after effect was severe because of my intolerance to caffeine, the affogato made me sleepless at night. 
image

Food marked with * is either not included in the menu or they are going to add them in soon. You can order it if you want even though it's not in the menu. 

The food taste amazing!
4.9/5.0
There's no such thing as a full mark but it's almost there! No wonder it was listed as one of the Top 20 Italian Restaurant. Definitely the place to be if you're searching for a place to have some real Italian cuisine. 

DV Ristorante Pizzeria 
77 Jalan Setiabakti, Bukit Damansara, 
Kuala Lumpur. 
(Same row as Decanter)
Phone | 03-2098-2001
Opening Hours | Monday - Sunday : 12pm-12am.

Not much picture taken that night because I was using my iPhone again since my mum took her camera to South Korea with her. 

Hau Loong was my plus one for the night. 
And here's Andrea posing for the camera, asian-style. Haha! 

A picture with the delightful owner, Frankie

Finally, a group photo for the night. 
Thanks to Grace for the picture! 
image

No comments:

Post a Comment