6/1/14 Bad Boy Cooks and CAFFEine, Setia Walk

It was kinda funny, that day I mean. I was having this craving for nutella mille crepe in Tipsy Brew. So, I ajak some friends out to have dinner and yum cha session at Setia Walk. In the end, only Soonen and Thum came out. Seems like they two are pretty free when compared to the others. Hahaha! But it's a good thing though, at least I can find people to makan with me.

Well, the funny thing was, both the place (place for dinner which I forgot what name it was and Tipsy Brew) we wanted to go for, wasn't open that night! I guess Monday is an off day for some of the cafes and restaurant. Such an unfortunate event. 

So we walked around the place for awhile to find a nice place for dinner. And at the corner, there was Bad Boy Cooks. Only then that I knew that it recently open in Setia Walk. 



It was my first time in Bad Boy Cooks. Even though there is an older branch in Ara Damansara, I've never went there to patron the place. So, I can't comment whether if the quality are the same of not.

The place actually feels like those western diners that you usually see in the movies. It is kinda cool since it seems a little retro. 

Ice Tea (Black), RM4
This was some nasty stuff. I don't like it! The guys agree with me. It tasted like some weird sweet black lipton tea or something. 


Vanilla Shake, RM6
I ordered this shake and it was very sweet. Actually, it tasted like blended vanilla ice-cream, but in liquid form. Couldn't actually take it anymore after I drank half of it, feels very jelat.

Katsu Bowl, RM9
This is actually a weird thing on the menu because this is a japanese food right? But I was craving for some rice,so why not? The chicken was very dry and tasteless. They were pretty stingy with the sauce. But if you asked the waiter to get you more, they will give you a bowl if you request for it. 

Country Mushroom, RM6 
Tasted normal and ordinary for me. As for the guys, they commented that they didn't taste mushroom flavor but garlic instead.
  
Bad Boy Fries, RM4
Nothing to say about the fries.

Cajun Chicken, RM12
Didn't really win any hearts from us. Again, tasteless, dry and bland.

Chilli Olio Spaghetti, RM8 with add on beef bacon, RM3
It is advisable to order some extra add on to the spaghetti as I think it will again be very bland without any extra ingredients. 


Rating | 4/10

The thing that is good about this place is the price because it is considered very cheap around the area. The quality of the food, I don't think I like them very much. Not a place that I will come back to again.

Like I said before, it's pretty hard to find a decent place in Setia Walk.

Bad Boy Cooks
B10-G, Block B, Setiawalk, 
Persiaran Wawasan, Pusat Bandar Puchong, 
47160 Puchong, Selangor 
Phone | 03-5891 1206
Opening Hours | Monday - Sunday : 11am - 11pm



Next stop, CAFFEine for cakes and coffees!


The inside was quite small but cozy too. They also have some board games for the customers to play like scrabble, monopoly, numbered jenga and a few more others. 

Wanted to sit at this corner but the waitress stopped us as she said it was reserved. I didn't know we could reserve a place in this kind of place. 

To my surprise, when the customer that reserved the corner came, she was holding a dog in her arms and then the dog was sitting under the table. It seems like pets are allowed in here. I personally think, it's kind of inappropriate to bring pets into an indoor cafe/restaurant but.. yeah.We didn't sat inside though, we chose to sit outside instead. 

Pretty little things that decorates the cashier area and they are also for sale which are some handmade marshmallows and biscottis. They also sell mini 8s and polaroid films there. 

The back of the cafe. 

Matcha Mille Crepe, RM12.50
I really like mille crepe, I don't know why and this wasn't that tasty as I thought it would be. Maybe it's because it wasn't kept in a chilled place. 

Red Velvet Cake, RM12.50
I tasted cinnamon. Full stop. That's the end of it. 
Because I'm not fond of cinnamon. 

Electro Choc, RM10
A mixture of caffeine and chocolate but it's not mocha. I forgot why but that's what the waiter said. This drink wasn't half bad. 

Gourmet Chocolate, RM10
Classic hot chocolate served with a piece of biscotti.

Rating | 7/10
The only reason I liked this place is because of the atmosphere it carries and also there's board games to play with too but you have to beat the others in taking the best one. Other than that, the cakes weren't that impressive or good for that matter. Maybe I should come and try the other cakes as well before I conclude that the cakes are all.. bleh. As for the beverage, can't give any comment since I don't drink coffee but my friends liked it. I guess it's not that bad.

CAFFEine
Website | http://caffeine.my/
Facebook | https://www.facebook.com/caffeine.my

  • G-09-1, Level 1, Block G, SetiaWalk, 
  • Persiaran Wawasan, Pusat Bandar Puchong, 
  • 47160 Puchong, Selangor.
Opening Hours | Monday & Wednesday - Friday : 2pm - 11pm 
Saturday - Sunday : 12pm - 11pm
Closed on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment