11-May-16

I don't know how I did it last time but I need a lot of time to even filter out these few photos to upload to my blog post. It took at least 30 mins of my time. There goes half of my lunch hour today. Just figured I would do a quick update. Just felt like it. 

A weekend in Penang. I think it's been like 2 years since my last visit there. When I had my internship I mean. And I never step foot on Penang ever since until this food trip. Thanks Aleena for being our "nanny" and for supplying a roof over our heads for those two days! I think it was then, that my eating habit changed so drastically. Up until now, I am still gaining weight and abstaining from any physical exercises... Guilty. Some how, it's like a miracle that I could keep postponing any effort of exercising. Better snap out of it. 



A really impromptu trip to meet with the girls. I was meeting with Aleena actually during one weekend when I went back to KL. And ho and below, Isabelle called and suddenly we planned to meet that very night for some astronomy event of some kind at the National Planetarium (I think it was in conjunction with the Earth Hour day). This was a really a super rare occasion.


And another one of our really rare meet-ups. Liz was in KL! I think this was the first time I'm meeting her out of Perak. It was a really pleasant girls day out. 

Someone is one year older. Tried out this ridiculously high-end (or perhaps just "high-priced") restaurant by Ramsay Gordon in Singapore. Which is a complete disappointment. Was hoping more of a "wow" experience but the food was just mediocre. Maybe we're just not suited to eat fine dining food? But at least the sweet wine was nice. 

Yes, I went diving again. And I did not have to wait until a year (from my last dive) to do it! Visited Tioman Island for 4 days. A memorable reef shark chasing and one of the worst surge diving I've ever done. The experience of surge diving is so different from calm water. One of our buddy there even vomited when surfacing. I was on the brink of doing the same.

First recreational cycling on Coney Island. I don't hate it or like it but if it's an activity under a hot sun, I prefer staying away from it. But we ended up cycling at around 12pm till 2pm (which is the worst possible time). I would enjoyed it better if it was 22 degree Celcius in Singapore. *show teeth*

Observing sharks without getting into the water... It's a first. 

I am such a superb photographer. And this is taken via iPhone. Amazeballs.

Jelly fish was shooooooooooo beautiful. I didn't know  they could be so mesmerizing

The best spot to hang out was of course the largest (I think?) aquarium in SEA. Home to sting rays, manta rays, guitar fish, sharks, sawfish and a whole load of other species in one big tank. If you think about it, fishes seems like aliens. At least, that was what that came across my mind.

Attended OMAM's (Of Monsters And Men) concert just the other day on Tuesday. A weird timing but anyway, enjoyable. Incredible vocals and brass instruments playing were superb. Go Iceland! 

It was actually his favorite band (but not to the point that he remembers all the lyrics. LOL). He just did a random search on their tour one fine day and found out that they were visiting Singapore. Then just 2 weeks before their concert, he bought the tickets. I wasn't really very into concerts (unless it was for Khalil Fong's or Ed Sheeran's), but since I like OMAM too, so I just tagged along. *He didn't want to go alone* Hahaha. 


Somehow, realizing my life is getting duller and duller. Is this one of the process of growing up into adulthood? I'm already 24, I think it's a bit funny to say that I'm "going to" adulthood.. I mean.. I am already in it. But.. Having a job really is tiring. But that's life. 
I've been indulging myself to doing more cooking at home, reading (since I got my Kindle), and just lazing around. My handicraft is slowing down as well. I can't think of any better things to make or design. Or my mind is just being lazy. Somehow I am finding a way to make smaller things, which requires of course less of my time (since I don't have much these days). But it was really limiting, to the point that I don't really want to make them anymore. 
I've had one of my mental relapse again a month back or so. But seems like it's gone again. Some times, I catch myself feeling like I'm in a whole new universe when I closed my eyes (especially when there's some music playing around in the background, mostly my collections from the past). I don't know how to explain it, but it just felt like... I'm a different person or I am in a different world... or maybe just plain reminiscence because of the music and all.
But at least when I am in that state, I felt like I'm okay.. No negative thoughts or whatsoever. 

I'm spewing random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment